- The HCPL-3120 consists of a GaAsP LED optically coupled to an integrated circuit with a power output stage.
- This optocoupler is ideally suited for driving power IGBTs and MOSFETs used in motor control inverter applications.
- The high operating voltage range of the output stage provides the drive voltages required by gate controlled devices.
- The voltage and current supplied by A3120 IGBT optocoupler makes it ideally suited for directly driving IGBTs with ratings up to 1200 V/100 A.
- For IGBTs with higher ratings, the HCPL-3120 can be used to drive a discrete power stage which drives the IGBT gate.
Features of A3120 IGBT Gate Drive Optocoupler
- 2.0 A Minimum Peak Output Current
- 15 kV/µs Minimum Common Mode Rejection (CMR) at VCM = 1500 V
- 0.5 V Maximum Low Level Output Voltage (VOL) Eliminates Need for Negative Gate Drive
- ICC = 5 mA Maximum Supply Current
- Under Voltage Lock-Out Protection (UVLO) with Hysteresis
- Wide Operating VCC Range: 15 to 30 Volts
- 500 ns Maximum Switching Speeds
- Industrial Temperature Range: -40°C to 100°C
Applications of A3120 IGBT Gate Drive Optocoupler Isolated IGBT/MOSFET Gate Drive
- AC and Brushless DC Motor Drives
- Industrial Inverters
- Switch Mode Power Supplies (SMPS)