Arduino Leonardo is Arduino’s first development board to use one microcontroller with built-in USB. Using the ATmega32U4 as its sole microcontroller allows it to be cheaper and simpler. Also, because the 32U4 is handling the USB directly, code libraries are available which allow the board to emulate a computer keyboard, mouse, and more using the USB-HID protocol!
Leonardo is an Atmega32u4 based microcontroller board. 20 digital I/O pins (7 PWM out, 12 analog input), 16 MHz crystal oscilator, micro usb socket, power socket, ICSP connector and a reset button on the board.
There are everything for the microcontroller to work on the board.
connected to a computer via usb,or supplied with an adapter or a battery.
Leonardo board is seperated from other boards by using ATmega32u4 microcontroller, Atmega32u4 is able to communicate with a computer directly thus it does not need an USB – Serial converter.
Thanks to these features, Leonardo can be introduced to computer as not only virtual COM port but also as peripherals such as console and mouse too.
- Microcontroller: ATmega32u4
- Operating voltage: 5 V
- Supply voltage (recommended): 7-12 V
- Supply voltage (limits): 6-20 V
- digital I/O pins: 20
- PWM pins: 7
- analog input pins: 12
- Max DC current for each I/O pins: 40 mA
- DC current for 3.3 V out: 50 mA
- Max DC current for 3.3 V pin: 1 A (if supplied with an external adapter)
- Flash memory: 32 kB (ATmega32u4, 4 kB is used by bootloader)
- SRAM: 2.5 kB (ATmega32u4)
- EEPROM: 1kB (ATmega32u4)
- Clock speed: 16 MHz
- Length: 68.6 mm
- Width: 53.4 mm
- Weight: 20 gr
Product content:Arduino Leonardo
- Leonardo R3 Clone For Arduino
- A to B Usb cable
Arduino Development Boards