ATMEGA328P-PU Microcontroller is high performance, low power controller from Microchip. ATMEGA328P is an 8-bit microcontroller based on AVR RISC architecture.
most popular of all AVR controllers used in ARDUINO boards.
ATMega328 Pin Configuration
ATMEGA328P is a 28 pin chip as shown in pin diagram above.
pins have more than one function. We will describe functions of each pin in below table.
is high performance, low power controller from Microchip. 8-bit microcontroller based on AVR RISC architecture.
- program memory of 32 Kbytes ATMEGA328P applications are many.
- With various POWER SAVING modes it can work on MOBILE EMBEDDED SYSTEMS.
- Watchdog timer to reset under error it can be used on systems with minimal human interference.
- advanced RISC architecture, the controller executes programs quickly.
- Also with in chip temperature sensor the controller can be used at extreme temperatures.
Applications ATMEGA328P-PU Microcontroller
- Used in ARDUINO UNO, ARDUINO NANO and ARDUINO MICRO boards.
- Industrial control systems.
- SMPS and Power Regulation systems.
- Digital data processing.
- Analog signal measuring and manipulations.
- Embedded systems like coffee machine, vending machine.
- Motor control systems.
- Display units.
- Peripheral Interface system.
Advanced RISC Architecture:
- 131 Powerful Instructions
- Most Single Clock Cycle Execution
- 32 x 8 General Purpose Working Registers
- Fully Static Operation
- Up to 20 MIPS Throughput at 20 MHz
- On-chip 2-cycle Multiplier
- Two 8-bit Timer/Counters with Separate Prescaler and Compare Mode
- One 16-bit Timer/Counter with Separate Prescaler, Compare Mode, and Capture Mode
- Real Time Counter with Separate Oscillator
- Six PWM Channels
- 8-channel 10-bit ADC in TQFP and QFN/MLF package Temperature Measurement
- 6-channel 10-bit ADC in PDIP Package Temperature Measurement
- Programmable Serial USART
- Master/Slave SPI Serial Interface
- Byte-oriented 2-wire Serial Interface (Philips I2 C compatible)
- Programmable Watchdog Timer with Separate On-chip Oscillator
- On-chip Analog Comparator
- Interrupt and Wake-up on Pin Change