For Electronic Circuit designers, Makers and Hobbyists movement detection & Measurement of an object or person is simple task by using PIR sensor or Ultrasonic sensor but it is somehow difficult to measure the movement speed. The HB100 Miniature Microwave motion sensor makes it easy to measure movement and speed.
HB Series of microwave motion sensor module are X-Band Mono-static DRO Doppler transceiver front-end module. These modules are designed for movement detection, like intruder alarms, occupancy modules and other innovative ideas. The module consists of Dielectric Resonator Oscillator (DRO), microwave mixer and patch antenna
- Low current consumption
- CW or Pulse operation
- Flat profile
- Long detection range
- X-Band Frequency 10.5 GHz
- Operating Voltage 4.5V to 5.2V
- DC level (0.01 to 0.2 Vdc)
- Fd= 19.49V (Velocity in km/hour) or 31.36V (V in mile per hour) Fd=> Doppler frequency (If a target is moving straight toward or away from HB100 (Ft = 10.525 GHz))
- Size: 37mmX45mmX8mm
- Non-contact detection
- Independent of temperature, humidity, noise, air, dust, light other effects, suitable for harsh environments
- Anti-RF interference ability
- Input power is only 40mA
- More than 20 meters detection range.
Example of use
Robots like to use sonar or ir detection with good reliability. These items can be inaccurate or inefficient. Robotics can have the advantage of having a sensor that can be hidden and sill work reliably.