L7805/LM7805 VOLTAGE REGULATOR IC is a commonly used voltage regulator that finds its application in most of the electronics projects. It provides a constant +5V output voltage for a variable input voltage supply.
7805 Regulator Features
- 5V Positive Voltage Regulator
- Minimum Input Voltage is 7V
- Maximum Input Voltage is 25V
- Operating current(IQ) is 5mA
- Internal Thermal Overload and Short circuit current limiting protection is available.
- Junction Temperature maximum 125 degree Celsius
- Available in TO-220 and KTE package
Note: Complete Technical Details can be found at the 7805 datasheet given at the end of this page.
L7805/LM7805 VOLTAGE REGULATOR Applications
- Constant +5V output regulator to power microcontrollers and sensors in most of the projects
- Adjustable Output Regulator
- Current Limiter for certain applications
- Regulated Dual Supply
- Output Polarity-Reversal-Protection Circuit