Sharp GP2Y0A21YK Analog Distance Sensor Infrared IR Proximity Sensor – Sharp GP2Y0A21YK IR 10cm to 80cm.
- The Sharp distance sensors are a popular choice for many projects that require accurate distance measurements.
- This IR sensor is more economical than sonar rangefinders, yet it provides much better performance than other IR alternatives. Interfacing to most microcontrollers is straightforward:
- the single analog output can be connected to an analog-to-digital converter for taking distance measurements, or the output can be connected to a comparator for threshold detection.
- The detection range of this version is approximately 10 cm to 80 cm (4″ to 32″)
Feature summary Sharp GP2Y0A21YK Analog Distance Sensor
- Operating voltage: 4.5 V to 5.5 V
- Average current consumption: 30 mA (note: this sensor draws current in large, short bursts, and the manufacturer recommends putting a 10 µF capacitor or larger across power and ground close to the sensor to stabilize the power supply line)
- Distance measuring range: 10 cm to 80 cm (4″ to 32″)
- Output type: analog voltage
- Output voltage differential over distance range: 1.9 V (typical)
- Update period: 38 ± 10 ms
- Size: 44.5 mm × 18.9 mm × 13.5 mm (1.75″ × 0.75″ × 0.53″)
- Weight: 3.5 g (0.12 oz)